If you have Wi-Fi, you must have heard about the IP addresses such as 192.168.1.1 , which is used for logging in to the router’s admin panel. You can manage your router’s settings, such as changing your Wi-Fi password, modifying the security type, setting up a guest network, etc., by logging in to 192.168.l.l, 192.168.0.1.
192.168.l.l is the wrong IP address which many users misspell and try searching on their web URL, which would not redirect them to the router’s configuration panel, while 192.168.1.1 is the correct IP address. The IP 192.168.1.1 is set as the default gateway address by Linksys.
Click the link below to log in to 192.168.1.1
Login Steps for 192.168.1.1
You can log in to your router’s admin panel in just two simple steps.
Step 1: Type 192.168.1.1 in your browser’s URL. (Make sure your device is connected to the same Wi-Fi for which you are trying to log in.) If in case, you have typed the wrong IP address, you will only land on an error page. Suppose you have typed the correct digits, but there may be an error in typing the dots(periods). So be sure that you do not make any typo errors.
Step 2: Fill in the username and password. Once you fill in the login credentials, you should check the Remember me box since it will save the login details for any future logins. Suppose you do not know your username and password, you don’t need to worry about it anymore. Just have a look at the table given on this page that has the default login credentials.
If you forget the login details, you still do not need to worry. We have got your back. Some of the default login usernames and passwords are mentioned below in this article. If none of those logins credentials work still, you can do one thing. Just search on google for the default login details of your router’s parent company.
You are all good!
Misspelled IP for 192.168.1.1
The IP address 192.168.1.1 is often misspelled as 192.168.l.l or 192.168.l.1 which is completely wrong and will land you on an error page. While logging in to 192.168.l.l make sure that you are typing the correct IP address which is 192.168.1.1. This type of error is known as a typo and is one of the most common errors while typing an IP address. Sometimes people type the IP address in the google search engine instead of the URL search bar. So make sure that you are typing the correct IP address and it must be in the URL search bar for 192.168.1.1 login.
|Correct IP 😊||Incorrect IP ☹️|
|192.168.1.1 ✔️||192.168.l.l ❌|
Default Logins for 192.168.1.1
|cusadmin||your wifi password|
If the above-mentioned username and password are not working in your case, You can also find your username and password by searching for the router’s parent company on the web. You can log in to other IP addresses as well such as 192.168.1.256 or 192.168.256.256
Configure Your Router – Troubleshooting Issues for 192.168.1.1
- Ensure your device is connected to a significant network other than the guest network since the guest network is not allowed access to the configuration panel. If you can not link to your network, you can use an Ethernet cable to connect to your PC. In this way, the Wi-Fi would no longer ask you for a password since you have bypassed it using the ethernet cable.
- Check if you are trying to log in with the correct IP address. If the IP address is not working, then to know your IP address – Open the command prompt in windows or mac and type “ipconfig” the one written in front of Default Gateway is the IP address for your router.
- Make Sure that the Firewall settings are not blocking your connection. If you are using any firewall that is not allowing you to access the internet, disable the firewall settings to get connected.
- Try using another browser if one is not working. Mostly we by mistake type the IP in the search engine bar instead of putting it in the browser’s URL so we get errors, try fixing this as well.
- Reboot the router if the above steps are not working. In order to do this, first of all, switch the power supply from both the router and the modem and then plug in the supply again. Wait for them to reboot properly, It should work now.
So these were some of the troubleshooting tips for logging successfully into your router admin panel.
What is my IP Address?
If you don’t know your IP address or it is not working, then to know your IP address – Open the command prompt in windows or mac and type “ipconfig” the one written in front of Default Gateway is the IP address for your router. The image given below will explain clearly to find your IP address.
The IP indicated on the Default Gateway is your IP address.
If there is an issue while fetching the IP address with this method you can simply search your router’s model and company on the internet to find out its default gateway.
FAQ IP address
What is the 192.168 1.1 username and password?
192.168.1.1 is the default IP address gateway for logging in to the network’s router login. The username and password for this IP could be default and custom admin login. The default ones are admin and password.
Why is 192.168 1.1 not opening?
You can only access your default gateway IP address, so you need to check once if it is your default gateway address. Another reason could be the misspelling of the IP address. The actual spelling is 192.168.1.1; moreover, this IP is used for Tenda login.
How do I find my 192.168 1.1 password?
Most often, IP 192.168.1.1 has a default username and password. In the third heading, you can find the default username and passwords for this IP in this article. If those login details are not working, you can reset your router by pressing the button behind the router for ten seconds, and this will reset the router’s configuration. Now you can log in again with the default login details.
How do I change my 192.168 1.1 password?
- Open any browser & type the IP 192.168.1.1 in the URL, and press enter.
- For authentication, enter the login credentials, then Wireless > Security Options > Select WPA2-PSK [AES] > now 192.168.l.l change password.