An IP address is a group of four numbers separated by periods. These numbers range from 0 to 255 and are used to identify a device on the internet. IP address stands for Internet Protocol, and it differentiates between different users(devices) with the help of IP address.
If you are using any of the following routers such as Cisco, SMS, Technicolor, Arris, and Aztech, you must be familiar with 10.0.0.1 since you need this IP to reach your router settings.
Steps to Log in to 10.0.0.1
You can log in to this IP address using the simple steps below.
- Connect your device with the primary wifi network and open any internet browser.
- Type 10.0.0.1 in the browser’s URL and hit enter.
- You are almost there! Now you need to fill in your login details and hit enter.
Your screen will look like this.
Have Trouble Logging to 10.0.0.0.1
- Ensure that you are connected to the primary network and not to the guest network since you will be stuck to an error page if you try to log in using the guest network. If you can not connect to your network or have forgotten your Wi-Fi password, reset your router using the reset button on the back of the router and log in using the default password. To find your default password, you can search for your parent company on the internet.
- Make sure to type the correct IP, i.e. 10.0.0.1; if this IP still doesn’t work for you, then you can try to log in using 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- If you don’t know your login details, you can log in using the below-mentioned details, defaulting in most routers.
10.0.0.1 often misspelled as 10.0.0.0.1
Most of the time, people who type 10.0.0.0.1 or 10.o.o.1 instead of 10.0.0.1, which is a typo, will end up on an error page. So you got to make sure you are using the correct IP address for getting to the right place.
|Correct IP 😄||Incorrect IP ☹️|
|10.0.0.1 ✔️||10.0.0.0.1 ❌|
Some standard Login details.
|admin||your wifi password|
So you need to fill in the proper IP address and correct login details to reach your router configuration settings. I recommend changing your Wi-Fi password regularly to keep it safe from unwanted users. You can also modify your network security type to make it safer. To ensure no one else could reach your network settings, you should change your login details such as your IP or your username and password from the default details.
What is my IP Address?
If you don’t know your IP address, don’t worry. We have got your back. So there are two ways in which you can easily find your IP address to log in to your router settings. Let’s discuss both of them in this paragraph.
- Look for your router’s parent company or manufacturing company. Every router company have their default IP address to log in. You can read the user’s manual provided by the manufacturer or search Google for their default gateway IP address.
- Another way is to extract it from your command shell. Open the command prompt on any Windows or Mac PC device, then type ‘ ipconfig ‘ and hit enter. You will see a screen as shown below in the picture.
- The IP written in front of the Default Gateway is your IP address to open your router configurations.